Traditionally held on the first Monday in May, the Met Gala is considered “fashion’s biggest night out,” and this year did not disappoint! Each year the Metropolitan Museum of Art welcomes some of the biggest names in entertainment and fashion to their annual fundraiser, and we could not be more thrilled to be there alongside them! NEUMA had the pleasure of partnering with talented hairstylist Peter Butler, who styled Olivia DeJonge’s hair for her red carpet debut. Olivia stars in the upcoming Elvis movie as Priscilla Presley, alongside Austin Butler and Tom Hanks. The film is showing at the Cannes Film Festival and is creating quite a buzz.
In case you missed it, we have the recap for you! Read on to see how Peter created Olivia’s polished French Twist inspired by Prada’s last runway show.
- Peter prepped Olivia’s hair neuVolume blow out mist, applying all over to damp hair.
- Then, he applied neuStyling blow dry lotion on her ends to keep them healthy and protected.
- Next step, the blow dry! Peter used a round brush to blow dry her hair, creating lift and volume at the roots.
- For the twist, he brushed her hair back from her hairline and sides, and gathering at the nape of the neck, where he twisted and tucked while pinning hair to create the classic French Twist shape.
- To finish the look, Peter reached for neuControl medium – his favorite product of the night! Peter loved that its workable, with a buildable finish…oh and that shine!
“I can re-blow dry a section after spraying! It has the perfect hold and gives incredible body! I LOVED it!”
Lastly, he used neuStyling power putty to smooth out and polish the final silhouette.
The final look – STUNNING. Be sure to follow @peterbutlerhair on IG to get a peek at all his work!
We’ll see you on the next Red Carpet ;)